(atrazine, simazine, Velpar and others)
Douglas-fir and newly planted seedlings are more sensitive to damage
- Triazines are herbicides used to control grasses and some broadleaf weeds. These products are photosynthetic inhibitors.
- Yellowing on needle tip and margin
- More pronounced damage with higher temperatures
- Light-textured soils prone to more damage
- Newly planted container seedlings or sites with light-textured soils.
- Current season needle necrosis
- Know spray timing and product options and usage. This information is critical.
- Carefully read all label instructions and precautions prior to purchasing and applying these herbicides.
- Apply lower product rates on light-textured soil.